Pages

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Tokyo | Kitanomaru Park

kitanomaru-park-1

The Kitanomaru Park was the first place I've visited during my trip to Japan last December. It is at the north of the Imperial Palace. I stepped into the park with my camera in hand and I was stunned by the autumn colors. I've decided to join my boyfriend to his trip pretty much at the last minute (like a week before departure). For the first time, I didn't make any plans or lists to do/see etc. as I usually do before going on a trip. This was the first time I've visited Tokyo (Japan, for that matter) and I'm so happy that the trip fell during such a beautiful season to visit (the other famous season is the cherry blossom season at the end of March and the beginning of April). I was able to enjoy the beauty and serenity of this park and I would love to be there once again during the spring blossoms as well. 

kitanomaru-park-2 kitanomaru-park-3 kitanomaru-park-4 kitanomaru-park-5 kitanomaru-park-6 kitanomaru-park-7 kitanomaru-park-8 kitanomaru-park-9 kitanomaru-park-10 kitanomaru-park-11 kitanomaru-park-12 kitanomaru-park-13 kitanomaru-park-14 kitanomaru-park-15 kitanomaru-park-16 kitanomaru-park-17 kitanomaru-park-18 kitanomaru-park-19
"None is travelling
Here along this way but I,
This autumn evening.

The first day of the year:
thoughts come - and there is loneliness;
the autumn dusk is here.

Now in sad autumn
as I take my darkening path...
A solitary bird."
                        --Bashō (1644-1694)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment